Tuesday, January 26, 2021

CGYSO turns 4 years old and wave 10 articles

 Four years ago we started CGYSO. Neat, huh?

Just in case you missed it, FFG released some very entry-level teaser articles for wave 10 yesterday:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2021/1/25/heart-of-the-swarm/

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2021/1/25/republic-reinforcements/

We used to do hot take articles about things like this but then we became playtesters and we worry about accidentally tipping our hands too much and violating our NDAs. So links will have to do with two notes:

  1. The Recusant arcs are super weird.
  2. There was a price increase. Large ships $65, the Pelta at $40.
There is much nerd rage about price increases. Nobody really enjoys paying more for anything but the fact is they were quite likely overdue. I wouldn't be surprised to see AMG increase costs similar across the entire model line once they're officially at the helm after wave 10.

8 comments:

  1. Happy blog-niversary! Thanks for all that you guys do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thank you in return for your kind words!

      Delete
  2. The price increase is certainly a factor in keeping me away from the new factions moving forward. I'm on a budget and trying to balance my interests in Armada with my new-found interest in Legion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Legion has already had a price hike and it's a pricier game than Armada (I should know, I've played it). Everyone's got their own budget but if you're planning on getting into Legion it's definitely going to be a pricier hobby than Armada, even with the price increases.

      Delete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY from germany!!!!

    You're doing an extremely good job. I enjoy reading your articles since day one and refer to your articles for all rules-clarifications and inspirations to use my forces more efficient. Please continue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 years... And a lot of lines written, many more to come? So wo hope!

    Well done, keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You probably can't answer this question due to NDA and all, but I'll ask anyways because it's been bugging me: Is Invisible Hand's RLB-esque deployment meant to be distance 3 or distance 1-3? I know its the former as written, but it seems like such a weird, pointless restriction on a 9-point title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I cannot provide an authoritative answer to that. It does seem like a weird restriction for an expensive title though.

      Delete