Saturday, November 23, 2019

All Eric upgrade articles updated

Me, when editing the Imperial officers article.
All the upgrade articles I (Eric) am responsible for have been updated. That includes all of the following:
For the most part it's been pretty basic maintenance but I've had some changes of opinion on a few items within from the last time they were updated (example: Tractor Beams; I won't tell you I think they're amazing now but viewing them as nav token snipers first and foremost has been eye-opening). I've also tried to slim down article length when possible (nothing drastic, but I'd say overall the articles are probably about 10% shorter now) by cutting extraneous repetition and shortening examples. Basically the important content remains but the fluff has been cut a bit.

And that should be all of the big (ship, commander, squadron, upgrade) articles I'm responsible for updated. There's a few others (fleet building and such) but they tend to age much better and frankly I'm tired of article updates for right now. I'm in a good place now for when wave 8 finally drops, though, and that's good.

I've got an idea or two for new articles (not updates!) and expect I'll get something up next week. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Would it be possible to put a "Revised on..." date on these articles? It can be hard to tell what's Totally Up To Date and what's been a few years reading the articles themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a longer reply typed up but Blogger ate it :(.

      Short version is: I'll think about it the next time I update articles. It has the upside of making it clear what date it occurred but I'm concerned it might give the impression that some articles that age well and don't need regular updates might be out of date even if we're fine with them and don't see a need to update them again. For the most part, we update relevant articles with each new wave of releases, so we're never very far behind. I like to periodically do more in-depth maintenance (like I've been doing), but we're up to date as of whatever wave, generally.

      Delete
    2. This is good idea. Instead of date, it could be a note: "Valid for wave 5" etc after the update. Outstanding blog btw!

      Delete