Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Imperial commander article updates, every Admiral X updated


I'm working through all the Imperial commander articles alphabetically like I did with Imperial ships and got through every commander named Admiral Proper Noun, which is half of the available Imperial commanders. One big thing is adopting a common format for the articles so it will be easier to edit them in the future without it being so much work (I did the same kind of thing for Imperial ships for the same reason). Specifically, Imperial commander articles will have four main "parts" which are:
  • Rules (how it works, things you might not at first realize, FAQ stuff, etc.)
  • Discussion (basic introduction, laying out foundational points that will get developed and/or exemplified later)
  • Ships (what ships this commander likes to use and why)
  • Fleet building (how do we put this all together to make a type of fleet this commander does well with?)
I removed the "how do I beat X?" at the end, given it added in my opinion unnecessary length to the article and it's pretty easy to figure out what troubles that commander when I discuss what types of situations to avoid earlier in the article. If you're the opponent, do that.
  • Admiral Konstantine
    • He's still terrible, just in case anyone was waiting for some big changes in my opinion there.
    • Cleaned up some wording a bit. I frequently find I use the word "turn," especially in older articles, where Armada uses the word "round."
    • Updated to new commander format, added hyperlinks.
  • Admiral Motti
    • Updated to new commander format, added hyperlinks.
    • Pretty much rebuilt from the ground up with the standard format, although Motti is so straightforward the article didn't get any longer, just differently arranged.
    • Lots of additions due to the rebuild, though as a lot was dropped or shortened and new things were added.
  • Admiral Ozzel
    • Updated to new commander format, added hyperlinks.
    • Added ISD-IIs as ships with some synergy.
    • Mentioned the Command Arq as a reasonable flagship choice in an MSU fleet, even if Ozzel's synergy with them is okay but not amazing.
  • Admiral Piett
    • Minor update, as this article is pretty recent: I mostly just standardized the article into the commander article format and added a little bit here and there while removing the "how do I beat Piett?" section at the end. "Final thoughts" remained here, and will remain for some articles if I feel like there's something meaningful to say in summary.
      • I got some pushback earlier because I said I don't feel like he offers enough to non-squadrons SSDs to be worth using over Jerry and I still feel that way. If you disagree, go do well with a Piett SSD fleet at a regional and change my mind 😉.
  • Admiral Screed
    • Updated to new commander format, added hyperlinks.
    • Included note in the rules section about his FAQ entry, specifically how he works with Quad Laser Turrets and Kallus.
    • Talked about Screed and Ordnance Experts combination more.
    • Given HIEs exist now, I'm not as down on Screed used for blue crits (although he's still better with black).
    • Added a fun gif!
    • Expanded substantially on ships useful with Screed, why, and dumb tricks (especially with Raiders).
    • Reworked the fleet building section pretty dramatically as well.
  • Admiral Sloane
    • Updated to new commander format, added hyperlinks.
    • Added a ships section, which shouldn't have too many surprises.
    • Revised squadrons discussion, trimmed down for brevity although it's still a bit lengthy.
And that's all the Imperial "Admiral X" articles updated. I'll be getting back to the grind next week but don't expect any updates from me until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment