Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Worlds Shirts 2023

My name is John Zuidema. I'm the.... author here for Rebel and GAR articles. I'm speaking to you from my house in Northern Kentucky.  We are, at this moment, in control of the blog.

How many seconds a day do you think they think about us? No more than 12...

How long we hang on, how far we get, how many of us make it out, all of that is now up to us.... We will never have a better chance than this and "I would rather die trying to take them down than giving them what they want." We know they killed two games on Level Two..... We know that no one outside here knows what's happening....

There is

One.

Way.

Out.

Right now, the game is ours. You need to run, climb, kill [the other person's spaceship]! You need to help each other. You see someone who's confused, someone who is lost, you get them moving and you keep them moving until we put this....behind us. There are 5,000 of us. If we can fight half as hard as we've been working, we will be home in no time. One way out!

Memories of better days

Let me start again.  Armada Worlds is happening in a few months and I would like to make shirts for it. As of right now, I know of no plans for AMG to provide shirts for Armada.  I can be pleasantly surprised, but with a general policy of..... ignoring our game, as nicely as that can be said.... I wouldn't expect them to provide any.  One of the best parts of Worlds 2018 was the prizes.  Everyone who attended got a shirt, seen below with our fanciest model.  It reminds me of how fun of an experience that was and of all the Armada friends I've made.

I guess it all started the first time I went through the second grade. I caught my reflection in a spoon while I was eating my cereal, and I remember thinking "Wow, you're ridiculously good looking, maybe you could do that for a career."

So in that vein, I've been working on making shirts for this year's Worlds, ones to blow out all the stops. A picture of the concept is seen below.

Admiral Tater does GREAT work and I appreciate him so much

Right now, if we only get 60 people willing to go in on this, shirts will be $40 each (oof, I know).  If we can get up to 72 people buying in, that's $34.50 a shirt.  Not the cheapest, but this is the ONLY Armada Worlds (and Last Chance Qualifier!) shirt being made and this is your ONE chance to get one. I'm going to need responses FAST, which means I am requesting you fill out the survey below and let me know you're interested by February 22nd. A week is a fast turnaround time, but we need these made and we need to get going on that.  If I don't GET 60 people interested, I'm not making them (I can't ask you all to pay more than $40 for a shirt, no matter HOW nice it is.)  So no pressure, but tell all your friends if YOU want a shirt (so we have enough to get them made).

Being willing to go in on this with me is just the..... first spark of the fire.  You KNOW everything you need to know [about why I'm doing this] and you too feel everything you need to feel. And when the day comes, and we all as one game pull together, we will be an unstoppable force for good. I love you all more than anything [they] could ever do wrong.

So if you want one, I'm going to ask you to fill out the following Google survey.

https://forms.gle/P7VaieEWDSScaZjt6

Paypal requests will be coming from geek19@gmail.com, but let's hold off on that until I get a little bit further in the process (and can tell you exact prices).  Pickup will be at Worlds; I plan on being there for the LCQ and can hand out shirts (and shots of Malort!) that morning, along with Friday, the first day of Worlds, and Friday night at the Armada Irish Wake (expect a post about THAT soon enough). I'm NOT shipping these (as that is gonna get crazy expensive), so if you want one, show up or have a friend show up and claim it for you.  If you want a shirt, fill out the survey, easy as that.  As for why I'm doing this if I think the game is dying or [other reasons], all I can say is:

There will be times when the struggle seems impossible. I know this already. Alone, unsure, dwarfed by the scale of the enemy. Remember this. Freedom is a pure idea. It occurs spontaneously and without instruction. Random acts of insurrection are occurring constantly throughout the galaxy. There are whole armies, battalions that have no idea that they've already enlisted in the cause. Remember that the frontier of the Rebellion is everywhere. And even the smallest act of insurrection pushes our lines forward. And then remember this. The... need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks. Authority is brittle. Oppression is the mask of fear. Remember that.

And know this, the day will come when all these skirmishes and battles, these moments of defiance will have flooded the banks of [their] authority and then there will be one too many. One single thing will break the siege. Remember this.

Try.

1 comment: