Monday, March 20, 2023

Armada Worlds Updates! Shirts! Food! Drinks!

 We continue our series of posts, as John tries to pull out every stop he can.

I'm going out with Hamilton gifs and Muppet jokes, just like you all expected from me.
Shirts!
The shirts HAVE been ordered, purchased, and arrived at my house.  Ooooo look a picture below.  There is ONE PERSON who still owes me money and I WILL be demanding said money before your shirt is given over to you.  Everyone else, I'll be at breakfast Thursday and wandering the con for much of the day.  Friday I'll be at breakfast and then the actual tournament itself before heading to the Irish wake.  Who knows, I might even luck into playing on Saturday!

I'll have a few extra shirts in my possession, so if anyone wanted one and didn't get one, hit me up and I'll see what I've still got (first come first served on those)! But they look GOOD in real life and you should definitely hit me up for one.
What a great Fit! (I drive a blue one)

Food!
First, breakfast, the most important meal of the day.  For the Last Chance Qualifier, we're meeting for breakfast at RICHARD WALKER'S PANCAKE HOUSE (1300 N Roselle Rd, Schaumburg IL 60195) at 6:30 AM. Because several people are going to need to get to the convention and play, I can hold waiting on tables until 6:35, but if you come after that you're on your own.  LCQ starts at 8, so we gotta eat quickly.  Assuming none of us end up with food poisoning, that's Friday's breakfast place as well, same time.  That's RICHARD Walker's, not Walker's Pancake House.  If you get to Walker's and it doesn't open until 7, congrats you went to the wrong one.

Sadly none in Chicago... plenty of Malort though!

Thursday dinner is going to be planned, uh, later. I'll figure it out Thursday, haha!  As for Friday....

The Wake!
Armada as a game, is at best on life support and more likely actually in hospice care.  We can blame the pandemic, we can blame AMG mismanagement, but that's not important right now.  What IS important is celebrating ALL we love about the game and the friends we made along the way, and all the great memories we made in this tiny, insane community.

So Friday post games we're heading out to Miller's Ale House in LOMBARD at 9 pm (post Worlds).  That's like a 15-20 minute drive BUT it's a) near the convention so it's uber/lyftable if needed and b) NOT next to the convention so it won't be stacked full of nerds all trying to eat and drink at the same place.  Come help me close down a bar like I'm 23 again like AMG is closing down our game!  Meet Armada bros, play the yub-yub song, drink a mess, get a safe ride back to your hotels!

"But Armada is fine and still alive!"
Lemme just save myself some time and DEFINITELY agree with you.  This is NOT the event to bother me or anyone else about how the game is alive.  I 100% do not care, this is the "chill with Armada bro's event" where no one harshes my vibes.  Come party and drink, let's hang out and remember the good times. Feelings about the state of the game and how it's healthy or what you think of it can wait until post-Worlds.  Chill, get drunk, party.

Heresy update: I like the Special Edition song, it's bittersweet and memorable and makes me happy I watched Jedi and sad that it's over now. There's a MESSAGE there about our game.

See everyone this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment