Friday, March 24, 2017

To Adepticon!

Today is the first day of Armada events at Adepticon (the second day is Sunday). This year, FFG is doing two "mini-tournaments" of two rounds each. With only two rounds I'm thinking of it more as a "casual play plus" event, where FFG hands out fun prizes at the end, but it's short enough for luck to have a very big role in who wins so I'm not taking it too seriously. Sure I'm planning on doing my best, but I hope to not sweat it too much. Even in a 3-round event, good luck can help a lot, but let's not get too much into that shall we?

For example, just look at this amazing yet goofy thing the author won for taking first in the 3-round event last year. And no, I'm not wearing it to Adepticon. I'm not that guy, haha.

Adepticon is a huge (and I mean HUGE) miniature gaming convention held once a year in Chicagoland. Minis games big, small, inbetween, and not-even-actually-released-yet-but-won't-you-please-demo-our-game-and-back-it-on-Kickstarter are present. There's tons to see and do and the vendor hall is always fun just as the crystal brush entries are always extremely impressive. Highly recommended for anyone who can make it and you don't even need to buy a badge if all you want to do is wander about, buy something, and look at neat stuff.

Anyways, John and I will be heading to Adepticon in a couple of hours and I'd expect several posts about our experiences to pop up over the next few days. If you'll also be at Adepticon, maybe we'll see one another there!

No comments:

Post a Comment